TwiSISted
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TwiSISted

Resource point for the sisters and friends of the family

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Runes of Magic

Go down 
+2
SnookeyOokumns
MamaBear
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MamaBear

MamaBear

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Runes of Magic Empty
PostSubject: Runes of Magic   Runes of Magic Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 4:37 pm

I'm currently downloading this game and I'll check it out for yall before any recomendations, do this first:http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
Then do what the first post on this page says and yes all 4 downloads, then extract in the new program you downloaded first.

I don't know what happened to the links in this post...don't do anything til I find out.

Last edited by MamaBear on Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MamaBear

MamaBear

Runes of Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runes of Magic   Runes of Magic Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 8:30 pm

Ok, after finally getting it fully downloaded and updated I have started a little warrior girl, still not to sure how to play this game, it's a little cartoonie and it appears it's got a certain level of learning curve to it but shouldn't be to hard to figure out, hell at level 2 I already got a 1 day mount, (why one day I have no idea but definately faster than walking), I'll give you more update tomorrow when I have more time to spend in it.

Basketball Question Arrow
Back to top Go down
SnookeyOokumns

SnookeyOokumns

Number of posts : 103
Job/hobbies : Not sure anymore Old age
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Runes of Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runes of Magic   Runes of Magic Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 10:19 am

ok I'm confused what is the name of the game? Ok found the site what do you think of the game so far? Looks interesting.
Back to top Go down
Anniki

Anniki

Number of posts : 64

Runes of Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runes of Magic   Runes of Magic Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 10:58 am

k, so robin helped me find the site, now another site sends me to another site to download. The download is 18 hours??? i quit the download..... i am awaiting your judgment of the game.

I've got the other computer try ing to get the Perfect World patch to ever update!! Geesh!! wtf is with these things? or is it just me? i see the little gold bar fill, the little blue bar too, but then nada? and it wants to start all over again
Back to top Go down
Promise

Number of posts : 100

Runes of Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runes of Magic   Runes of Magic Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 7:03 pm

ok.. got it up and going. first impression is NO,.. but. ima keep going with it and see, maybe its like PW and grows on ya. who knows..
Back to top Go down
Promise

Runes of Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runes of Magic   Runes of Magic Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:49 am

double post. it seems ok after toying with it for a few hours. but knowing a server would be good lol
Back to top Go down
MamaBear

MamaBear

Runes of Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runes of Magic   Runes of Magic Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:46 am

Ok first, register at Frogster Not at the game website:https://account.frogster-america.com/Register/
2nd get winstr to open the downloads:http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm (use the top one on this page.
3rd download all 4 of these links:http://files.filefront.com/ROMSetup+1abinzip/;12631951;/fileinfo.html,http://files.filefront.com/ROMSetup+1bbinzip/;12632082;/fileinfo.html,http://files.filefront.com/ROMSetup+1cbinzip/;12632147;/fileinfo.html,http://files.filefront.com/ROMSetup+1dbinzip/;12632957;/fileinfo.html,
if that doesn't show right go here:
http://us-forum.runesofmagic.com/showthread.php?t=351
and download all four of the links shown on the first post, actually you can download them all at once, then open the game and use the registration you put into the frogster link.
I played most of Sunday on and off til pool time and got to level 12 with my little warrior,
I'm using the 3rd server not sure of the name but it's 3rd down and starts with letter "O"
If for some reason you cannot open the program as it asks you for some code on a box, then you haven't finished the dowloads or used the extract function of the winrap file you first down loaded so make sure to extract them all they will be easy to find in there since they are all labeled ROM....something.
Today I have pool school so will be home after 3 or so I'll be on ts then.
Back to top Go down
MamaBear

MamaBear

Runes of Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runes of Magic   Runes of Magic Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:48 am

I don't know why only the link to the forums shows up in the above post but most all of those links are listed on the first and second pages of the forum post cause that's where I got them from.
Back to top Go down
Promise

Runes of Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runes of Magic   Runes of Magic Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 9:28 am

ty, all you have to do is google "winrar" just make sure the virus scanner is up to date as i dont know which site is which O.o theres a trial version works about the same as winzip

and character nameO.o
Back to top Go down
MamaBear

MamaBear

Runes of Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runes of Magic   Runes of Magic Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 4:27 pm

toon is Sarabaracuda
Back to top Go down
SnookeyOokumns

SnookeyOokumns

Runes of Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runes of Magic   Runes of Magic Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 4:56 pm

Ok trying to down load the game now
Back to top Go down
MamaBear

MamaBear

Runes of Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runes of Magic   Runes of Magic Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 8:07 am

See Snookey, it didn't take the 6 hours it said it would only bout 1 1/2, I'll be home later today, gotta run over to Jans this am and help her set up some stuff on her new puter, maybe I'll get her to play GW with us, gonna hook her up with TS at the least. The little scout I made with you I like pretty well, not sure about this arrow buying shit though.
Talk to you later this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Anniki

Anniki

Runes of Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runes of Magic   Runes of Magic Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:32 pm

OK, i got parts one and two downloaded and cannot find the launcher yet
Back to top Go down
MamaBear

MamaBear

Runes of Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runes of Magic   Runes of Magic Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 9:01 am

the launcher ect will be in the winrar on your desktop, you have to extract each ROM file in there to a seperate desktop file then from there you can install and launch, my second toon is Mamabear and she is a scout, good killing power and tons faster than the warrior. Promise and I both about got killed yesterday on some spider bitch that kept pooping out babies on us never did get her killed cause I died and promise kept getting attacked by the babies...quite the experience, we also joined a guild, not on my scout though, it's serenity so if you see those folks they a pretty decent at helping.
tricky stuff on the secondary profession though since you are lvl 10 and your secondary starts out at lvl 1, promise's trick is to do quests with your lvl 10 then go change to 2ndary and turn them in, did that on my scout and got secondary to lvl 5 in 3 quest turn ins....much better.
Think Snookey got the hang of it so Anniki if you ever join us ingame, I can help you, not a really hard thing to do, and yes it's still holding my interest so far.
I have Poolnut (jan) downloading GW so will see if she gets it going always nice to find another friend to convert to the wicked obsessions of the sisters.
Back to top Go down
MamaBear

MamaBear

Runes of Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runes of Magic   Runes of Magic Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 9:07 am

Maiden, Anniki....or what ever, you have got to at least give this game a try, all the download hassle is really worth it. Promise, Snookey and I are really having a good time. I've got my scout almost to 20 and Promise and snookey are working priest and mage up too. I have to work my secondary as well to get some freakin elite skill but there is no grind it's so full of quests I doubt if anyone could ever do them all. Plus repeatable easy daily quests you can do once a day on your primary or secondary or every toon you choose to create. There really is a small learning curve and even dying isn't all that bad, you just have to pay back the dp to earn xp, which makes for an interesting concept but it sure beats the hell out of that Rohan grind. Give it a chance, you will like it.
Back to top Go down
SnookeyOokumns

SnookeyOokumns

Runes of Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runes of Magic   Runes of Magic Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 7:33 am

Well Snookeyookums is now a 17 and a Mage, her second is a priest which works well since I can use both class at once, the only problem is that I have too many flippen skills to know which ones to use but still attempting to figure it out. I need to spend time time gathering to get my skill leves up. I have so manyquests I have ended up getting rid of them, I got confused on which ones I did and didn't do, I think mama is right, I need to take only a couple of quests at a time it wouldhelp. I like this game alot better then perfect world also. I'm still learning it but getting better with the help of promise and mama.

See you in game Laughing
Back to top Go down
Anniki

Anniki

Runes of Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runes of Magic   Runes of Magic Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 5:15 am

OK, just got this one to finally complete yesterday.
Anniki, lvl 2 Priest
Marea, lvl 6 Mage

I was so frustrated with the movement on this one, until i figured out how to assigne the A&D keys to movement.
The healer girl takes a really long time to kill stuff, eh? Mage better, but needs a lotta mp pots......
I'm figuring it out, and sometimes just have to ask people. But i still cannot figure out how to get offa the one day horse??

This is my work week, Andy wants to take me out to a movie tonight, so i do not know when i will get a chance to play this again....
Back to top Go down
SnookeyOokumns

SnookeyOokumns

Runes of Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runes of Magic   Runes of Magic Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 6:54 am

I too was stuck on my one day horse, you might not have it any more after today but up in the upper right hand corner you will see a symbol of the mount just right click it and it will dismount you. You can buy 2 hour rides at the horse dude in towns they are 3000 gold, it took me a while to collect money but now have around 70,000 so purchasing a mount isn't so painful and really speeds up the process. I have Snookeyookums 19 mage,15 priest and with everyone's help have figured out how to set my points for killing etc. I use pots but not many on the mage, lots on the healer. I haven't figured out the gathering system yet, but it seems the only things I can gather are ore, herbs, and balm wood. I got my skill up to a level 6 wood cutter but still can't seem to chop anything else. Oh well have to read the formuns again on that one. I do have so many quests that I can't finish them all and ended up deleted alot of them to try and just take a few at a time.

Made a new little priest too I think she is level 6 and just go to the next town so she might be your same size. If you need help either promise or mama can help much better then I can. Hop on Tim's TS and join the fun, you will need assistance to kill the darn bosses, they keep killing me so promise to the rescrue to either rez me or just help to kill that darn bosses. scratch
Back to top Go down
MamaBear

MamaBear

Runes of Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runes of Magic   Runes of Magic Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 9:29 am

Ok, for the gathering stuff if you go to the trainer of that gathering thing and buy what ever recipes he has that you are eligible for then you will be able to harvest the next lvl up of stuff. Not to sure why yet we need to harvest stuff other than you lvl 15/20 elite skills. and probably beyond that. Les, give yourself a couple of days for the learning curve and be sure to let us know on tims ts when you're on so we can help. I find the easiest and fastest killer I have is my now primary Scout. I have a warrior too but haven't played her a whole lot this past week trying to lvl to 20 on my scout/healer. When you hit lvl 10 go immediately up to Varanes and pick a secondary profession, any of us can help you with that task but the sooner you start to lvl your secondary the better and then you won't have to play catch up like I am. I know Promise passed me up by a bunch but it's been kind of a hecktic week. Hopefully I'll try to catch up with yall later today.
Back to top Go down
Anniki

Anniki

Runes of Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runes of Magic   Runes of Magic Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 4:45 pm

I'm on the server that starts with a G..... where are you guys??
Back to top Go down
MamaBear

MamaBear

Runes of Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runes of Magic   Runes of Magic Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 4:53 pm

Server that starts with an O I think it's the 3rd one down.and get on Tims ts too. also add me to your friends or look for Mamabear
Back to top Go down
Anniki

Anniki

Runes of Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runes of Magic   Runes of Magic Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 10:36 pm

well, i cannot find any of you, probably because i have all my chars on the 2nd and 3rd server on my list??? I put one on the first server, but now i cannot connect again.
Adam put his char on Macantacht server, i don't think i even saw that server as an option??
I'm getting really good at the tutorial, but do not seem to make much headway getting past the town of Logar, i think maybe i need to be bigger than a level 7? Have not had any chars die yet. Where do you rez when you die? Now i have another house and even bought two pieces of furniture, this house is 005852. I will be staying at Robin's tomorrow night, maybe i can find you better coordinating efforts with her.
The only way i can see to get off the horse is to try to attack something or chop some wood?? I only have the first day horse on any char so far.... no money!! I got a recipe from a bug, so will try to make that, sounds interesting.

BTW kani left FriendS guild and joined Fallen Dreams with Ben. Anniki is going nowhere this week, too much trouble dinking around from the laptop. But maybe i join them on Friday night or before the next TB that i can participate in. I'm gettting to like the TB, not a ton of kills for a priest, but getting into the strategies there. Guilderoy is a boob, so i don't even bother trying to stay with or heal him....

I need to swing by best buy or walmart and buy a new headset, i cannot hardly hear and no one can hear me speak on this one.... broken?@##%^

Going to try to sleep again....
Back to top Go down
SnookeyOokumns

SnookeyOokumns

Runes of Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runes of Magic   Runes of Magic Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 7:37 am

I tryed to find you for a short time, if you hit the N key you can add friends: Add - Promisez Promise, Mamabear, Snookeyookumns, Twistedbaby, that's all I can remember now. As for getting off the horse, I did the same thing but then Mama told me to up in the upper right hand corner next to the map you should see a image of the horse, if you right click on it the dismount happens.

I will help you tonight, also to reset your resolutions so that you see better, I had that issue too. I'm not the best for discribing the game but it seems that I learn a little more about it each day. It really took me 3 good day's to decide that I liked the game. As for crafting, I'm very crappy and don't get it yet even though Snookey has make lumber, mined tons of herbs I can't get my level to 8 for the next recipes. Rolling Eyes Guess I need to read more about that feature. I do like the quests though and it seems I have so many quests I get confused as to which one to do next.

Twistedbaby - my assin is a level 6 I think so she would have many of the same quests that you do so I could run with you.
Back to top Go down
MamaBear

MamaBear

Runes of Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runes of Magic   Runes of Magic Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 9:19 am

I won't be able to be on tonight, pool as usual, but I'll be on tomorrow night I think. We (Promise, Snookey and Mamabear) are always on the server Osha (or what ever..it does start with an "O" I'm pretty sure) it should be the 3rd one from the top) These are only US servers the foreigners don't have access to them and we don't have access to theirs, so anyone else in your friends lands of Indonesia or France or Lower Slobolia can't join you at least until it's out of open Beta. I haven't found the gathering thing all that important until you are level 20 and your secondary is lvl 15 then you have to be able to do 3 levels of wood, ore and herbs, so gather them when you will but just sell the product because you don't need it until then and it just takes up room in your bank or your chest in the house, and Les don't worry about that chest in the house until you get the quest with that as a reward then it only goes in your house and it is an additional storage, also don't make a big effort to save the rune or production stones you get as drops, I don't know how to use them and we aren't really concentrating on making armor or weapons and such because the drops for them are pretty regular or you can buy them pretty cheap.
Personally I buy a horse about every 2 hrs when I'm playing (or rent one for 3k) it is at least 3x faster moving and leveling is fast if you're questing, my scout is almost level 23 and her alt is a priest at lvl 19, (I'm trying to get them closer together but unless I do the daily's for my secondary I don't see how. Promise passed me up a long time ago she must be at almost 30 by now and it seems the cap is at lvl 50 or 55 I think Promise said. It definitely gets a lot tuffer enemy wise the higher you get just don't attempt any boss's alone you really need help with any and all of them. Just remember when you hit level 10 go immediately to Varaness and pick a secondary class then you will also get a skill to go to a baby land to level that part of yourself with baby quests.
When you die there a designated rez shrines and you will rez with less health and energy for a short time but you are also at that point impervious to any attack, you will just have to figure out on the map where you were to get back to your grave stone to rid yourself of most of the dp you got from dying, there will be a little red skull below the chat box that shows how much you owe back of each (hp and tp) (tp= talent points or in our terms skill points).
Hopefully some of that will help you til we can catch up. You don't really want to leave Logar until you are lvl 10 anyway so don't worry on that.
Back to top Go down
Jager

Jager

Number of posts : 73

Runes of Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runes of Magic   Runes of Magic Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 10:14 am

I guess they just announced the full version of this game is out for free. Here is the write up from IGN, and the site. http://www.runesofmagic.com/us/index.html

Quote :
Runes of Magic Officially Launches
After a successful Beta, Runes of Magic is ready to raise the bar for free-to-play MMOs.

March 19, 2009 - SAN FRANCISCO – March 19, 2009 - Frogster America, Inc. today announced the official launch of Runes of Magic, the Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG) that is redefining the standard for free-to-play titles. Starting today, players can immerse themselves in the first chapter of the game, Rise of the Demon Lord, and experience the wonders of Taborea. Runes of Magic is available as a free download from the official website at: www.runesofmagic.com.

Anyone who has not yet registered can do so for free at the official website and begin adventuring immediately. Players with existing accounts can continue to use their characters created during the beta and can also expect an expanded game world in comparison with the previous open beta version. New quests and an epic quest series, as well as new instances, offer fresh game content. A final fine-tuning of the German and English translations and bug fixes have also been implemented.

The fantasy world will soon been expanded with the addition of 'Ravenfell', a coastal area with a distinct pirate feel. The game world will be further complemented by regular updates following the release.

About Runes of Magic
With an extensive range of features Runes of Magic is redefining the standard for free-to-play titles. Runes of Magic conveys an absorbing story through more than 1,000 quests in an exciting and dangerous fantasy world. Players can choose between six main classes and combined with a secondary class, choose to create a character from 30 character class combinations. All characters possess unique skills with impressive combo attacks and can use mounts including war horses.

A particularly attractive feature for guilds and players is the ability to decorate their own virtual homes with individual furnishings. Thanks to an extensive crafting and reputation system, thrilling PVP, as well as demanding dungeons and boss monsters, Runes of Magic has something for everyone. The Taiwanese developer Runewaker, has developed Runes of Magic according to western MMO standards and put more than three years of development into the game. The studio will continue to provide new challenges for players every four to five months with free add-ons and updates. MMO fans can find more information, pictures and videos on the official website at: www.runesofmagic.com.

Runes of Magic features:

* Free-to-play: no monthly fees, free download

* Extensive dual class system (six primary and secondary classes)

* Versatile spell- and attack-combinations

* Enthralling background story

* More than 1,000 quests and quest series on launch

* No zone boundaries thanks to seamless architecture

* Dungeons: Instanced and tile based as well as persistent

* Individually developable skills and spells

* Armor sets with special bonuses

* Dynamic item system with hundreds of runes for upgrading

* Optional PvP system with arena battles and guild wars

* Ranking system with player-ranking lists

* Multitude of unique mounts

* Epic crafting system with the chance to improve existing items

* Personalization of player houses through individual furnishing

* Reputation system

* Customizable user interface with the option to use Add-Ons

* Map and radar system to find dealers, resources and quests easily

* In-game auction houses for trading items

* Teleport-Runes for instant travel

* Mouse and keyboard controls for movement

* Regular updates with new content

* Guild castles in special zones

* Cross-server fights in three-server-battle in development

About Runewaker Entertainment Ltd.
Runewaker Entertainment was founded in August of 2004, with the headquarters located in Taichung, Taiwan. The founding members are all very experienced in the field and decided to come together to pursue their own dream. Currently Runewaker employs over 40 highly skilled programmers, designers and artists and is constantly expanding. Runewaker specializes in making massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPG). The company has built their own engine from scratch that rivals some of the best that is available out on the market. Their first product, Radiant Arcana (Runes of Magic), is already completed and currently in Open Beta Phase in China. Runewaker is currently producing more content for Runes of Magic. Webpage: http://www.runewaker.com/

About Frogster America, Inc.
Frogster America, Inc., was founded in 2008 to bring high-quality online games to the North American market. As a wholly owned subsidiary of the Frogster Interactive Pictures AG, a Berlin based listed publisher of online computer games, Frogster America is located in San Francisco, and focused on the operation and marketing of MMO games that appeal to a global audience. With Runes of Magic, its first release coming March 19, 2009, the company is well positioned for success with a rapidly growing community and strong initial title on which to establish its market presence. For more information, please visit: www.frogster-america.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Runes of Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runes of Magic   Runes of Magic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Runes of Magic
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TwiSISted :: Hi Hi :: Online Games We're Living in Now-
Jump to: